Sunday 28 September 2008

Valedictorian man~!!!

On Monday, I was supposed to go to TBS for the Taylor's Valedictorian selection. Having my speech prepared with much effort and finally relieved to get it done with, finally the day has arrived. I was kind of nervous as I didn't know how many candidates I was up against. Screw it, I told myself. Just go for it. Get selected, good news. Not selected, life still goes on. So, leaving my house early to look for parking on a sunny, hot afternoon at SS15, I was rehearsing my speech over and over again even though I knew the contents inside out. Still couldn't shake the nervousness out of me. Damn.

After paying my graduation fees at the Accounts Department at TBS, I proceeded to K-Web at Level 6. I guess I was too excited because I was the first person to arrive. It was 1.30pm and the clock was ticking faster as usual. "Better rehearse fast and hopefully I am not the first person." As much as I wanted to be the first presenter, somehow I couldn't help wishing to be either 2nd or 3rd. Mental problem, I think. hehe.

Slowly, one, two and three other presenters arrived. I talked to one of the presenter, Adora. She was from Taylors School of Architecture. Kinda pleasant looking girl. Then, both of us resumed our practice. I was later told that I am the 3rd presenter. Good number. After my name was called, I walked in the room, stood in front of the panels and started my speech.

Less than 6 minutes later, I walked out, feeling relieved that I am still alive and kicking. Yeah man. Finally, it was over.

The following day, I got my result.

Dear Participants,

Thank you for your participation at the selection exercise held at TBS on Monday 2p.m. I only know too well that all of you put in a lot of work and effort. The distinguished panel of judges came to a unanimous decision as follows:

Ist Choice for valedictorian : Mr. Vincent Ho

Back-up for valedictorian: Ms Ung Wei Jenn

Congratulations to Vincent and Wei Jenn!


1st Choice Valedictorian man~!!!!!!

Damn glad that I managed to get selected for this very special occasion on the 12th of October 2008 at KLCC Convention Center, which is our Convocation. Yay. Although it is a good news for me, but the thought about speaking in front of possibly thousands of people sends chills down my spine. Then I was called to go back to TBS to review my speech and to further improve on it. Lots of work are waiting for me. With CFA studies coming along, I think I am going to be busy for the next couple of weeks. GOOD LUCK TO MYSELF~!!!

0 comments: